2 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup canned or fresh pureed pumpkin
1 slightly beaten egg
1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (or oat flour)
1/2 cup oats
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix water, pumpkin, egg and peanut butter in a a large bowl
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder and cinnamon
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together and stir well
- Pour into a greased 6 inch pan until about 2/3’s full. There will be extra batter make pupcakes!
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until firm, but not too brown
- Cool completely and store in an open container or bag to keep moisture from making cake too soggy
For frosting, mix the yogurt and peanut butter and frost the cake. For decorations, add a slight amount of carob powder or cocoa powder or food coloring.
Voila, its pawty-time!